REVELINO (REMASTERED) EPONYMOUS DEBUT ALBUM TO BE RELEASED ON VINYL FOR THE FIRST TIME ON OCT 9TH PLUS BONUS EP ON YELLOW VINYL FEATURING THE SINGLE ‘HAPPINESS IS MINE’ (REMIX) AND FIVE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS
WATCH THE ‘HAPPINESS IS MINE’ VIDEO
- “Happiness is Mine is quite some outrageous opener…this album sketches and schemes then suddenly lacerates like fractured bones slashing through smooth skin.” Melody Maker
- “A slice of pure guitar heaven..strident riffs, sky-diving tunes and surfing melodies.” Irish Times
- “A masterclass…A muscular, compelling noise all of Revelino’s own. Don’t Lead Me Down is heart-on-sleeve stuff of the highest order.” Hot Press
Revelino celebrated the release of their eponymous debut album on Oct 6th, 1994 with a sold-out debut show in the legendary Baggot Inn that night. The album received rave reviews and the lead single Happiness is Mine had an immediate impact on radio with support from Dave Fanning in particular, and the wonderful No Disco music TV show. Hot Press critics voted it 3rd best single of the year, it featured in Dave Fanning’s Fab 50 and a very young Dan Hegarty called it “the best debut album I’ve ever heard” in his first ever review. In 2004 the album was voted no 47 in the 100 Greatest Irish albums list.
In January 1995 they received 9 top five places in the Hot Press Readers Poll including No 1 best New Act. April they released Don’t Lead Me Down which went on to feature in two film soundtracks – British gangster movie Hardmen and Irish cult comedy crime classic, I Went Down written by Conor McPherson, directed by Paddy Breathnach and featuring a great Irish cast including Brendan Gleeson & Peter McDonald. I Went Down also featured Hello from the debut album. Touring highlights of that year included a sold-out Tivoli show and a support slot with Neil Young on his Mirrorball tour.
1996 kicked off with an epic Heineken Rollercoaster Tour of Ireland co-headlining with the incendiary Whipping Boy. While working on the follow-up album, the band signed an international licensing deal with French / UK label Musidisc and the debut album was released internationally in March 1996 to great reviews. They toured the UK and France and appeared live on French cultural TV chat show Nulle Part Ailleurs, introduced by football legend Michel Platini! They secured two spots at The Phoenix Festival that summer and, more impressively, the band also reached the final of the celebrity 5-a-side football tournament at the festival, hammering Massive Attack (and Banksy?) 4-1 and Dodgy 3-0 along the way. They were pipped for the trophy by the Guardian newspaper team featuring Mick Talbot from Style Council and a bunch of professional ringers including players from Chelsea and two of the Stein brothers!
Revelino (Remastered) will be released on vinyl on Oct 9th – 26 years to the week since the original release date and the same day as John Lennon’s 80th birthday. The album has been remastered by Fergal Davis and the bonus EP features a remixed Happiness is Mine (mixed by Ronan McHugh) plus five previously unreleased tracks. Try It On and Ennio (a timely rediscovery following maestro Morricone’s recent passing) were outtakes from the debut album and have also been remixed by McHugh. The Only One Alive and Little Bird are demos that have been salvaged & remastered from cassette and Place In The Sun features the band’s much-missed departed friend Gavin Ralston.
PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM FROM DUBLIN VINYL HERE
- “It’s your loss if you choose to ignore it, this is an album to beg, borrow or steal.” In Dublin
- “One to soar to. An instantaneous hit with pop ditties lying easily alongside slower numbers that drip ecstasy & beauty. Essential listening.” Dublin Event Guide
- “There are countless moments on Revelino’s debut album when you realise you’re listening to a brilliant record. Superb songwriting.” RTE Guide
- “This is the best debut album I’ve ever heard.” A very young Dan Hegarty, News Four
1/ HAPPINESS IS MINE
2/ MY BONES
4/ DON’T LEAD ME DOWN
5/ TAKING TURNS
7/ WORLD GOING DOWN
8/ THAT’S WHAT EMILY SAYS
9/ NO FOREVER GIRL
10/ I FEEL SO TIRED
11/ SHE’S GOT THE FACE
BONUS ‘HAPPINESS IS MINE’ EP
1/ HAPPINESS IS MINE – 2020 REMIX
2/ TRY IT ON – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
3/ ENNIO – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
4/ THE ONLY ONE ALIVE – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
5/ PLACE IN THE SUN – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
6/ LITTLE BIRD – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED